Thursday, April 17, 2014

You're gonna hear me roar

A couple days ago I was home alone and dinner was approaching.  Having rehearsal that night I knew I needed to eat before going.  I played Roar by Katy Perry in the kitchen while I was trying to figure out what to eat.  One evening listening to the song helped me through dinner and I decided that it would help me pick out my dinner as well.  As usual, nothing looked appetizing and just being in the kitchen was making me more anxious than I already was.

But then something inside me snapped.

I got angry and when I get angry you better watch out.

Fuck this shit.  I'm eating this dinner whether I'm anxious or not.

And I did.  

I was still anxious, but I kept playing Roar in the background to remind myself that I'm a fighter and a champion.  Look out world, you're gonna hear me roar!  

I've had enough of this bullshit.  This whole week I've been anxious and just can't shake it, but guess what?  It's not stopping me from doing what I need to do.  I'm kicking ED's ass and taking no prisoners.

ED...you're going DOWN.  We are so through.  I hope the door hits you on the way out.



1 comment: